FIRST DAY OF FALL
Happy first day of fall, the best season of them all!
As is basic and cliché beyond everything, I am so looking forward to visiting Apple Hill this year for some pie and cider donuts! Also on the list:
- Re-read Pride and Prejudice
- See more live music - already have City and Colour and The Zac Brown Band on the books
- Have our chimney swept so that we can have wood burning fires. Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim cher-ee! Speaking of Mary Poppins, have you seen Emily Blunt in the teaser!? Is it too soon to be excited for Christmas 2018??
- Finish a half marathon
What are you up to this season?
P.S. running update:
- Date: September 21, 2017
- Distance: 5.07 miles
- Time: 59 minutes
- I got new socks, which has made a huge improvement in the blister situation.
- Today I only walked about 0.5 miles across the full 5.
- I'm focusing on landing mid-foot and maintaining more of a shuffle run than a long stride. It's paying off in that it saves my calves for a bit longer and keeps my pace pretty consistent.
- I've started foam rolling after my runs. It hurts like crazy especially along my IT bands, but I'm waking up less sore. Win!